Introduction



Thanks for visiting my page. To help with navigation, here is a list of popular pages all about Marching in Colour

* The History of Marching In Colour - who is the man behind the words and service, how did it all come about

* Commissioning Models for Painting - how the process works, start to finish, and what you can expect

* Gallery of Artists Work - with over 20 years experience, here is a small sample of finished commissions

* ITEMS FOR SALE - as well as painting models, I also sell pre-painted models and assorted loose models and scenery on Etsy and Ebay. Links here!

* Trade in your old models for Painting Credit * click here for details

* To see details of all current commissions booked-in and estimated completion dates - click here

SCENERY and TERRAIN - for pre-made, handcrafted items of scenery and terrain, please click here

For TUTORIALS please follow this link - click here


Monday 12 July 2010

Project - VIETNORK



I was having a rummage the other day, like all gamers do, through my odds and sodds, and boxes of long forgotten models, when I came across a box of 40k Orks. Now 40k is not my cup-of-tea and I only came to own these models after helping a friend out by lending him some money... long story short, 'neither a lender or a borrower be', when my friend was having trouble paying back the money he said "Do you want my 40k Ork army instead??"

I should have said "No", but what is a friend to do? I said "Sure, no problem..." and so they have sat in a box for the last umpteen years, alone, unused and forgotten.

Until the other day.

Im not a 40k player, but I fancied a change from painting historicals, and so I thought I would try something a little different with this army and mix two periods - 40k, and the Vietnam War!

The idea of Vietnork was born!

Over the course of the next few weeks I will be adding to this army, painting sections at a time, and posting the report here as well as on my facebook page, charting my progress and hopefully giving you hints and tips on how to paint 40k Orks.

At the end of this project the Army will be for sale. I am open to offers as we progress, or will list it on Ebay once its complete.

More blogs to come real soon on this project, or for now you can head over to my facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1275313348) for sneak peeks at more photos.

Thanks
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment