Introduction



Thanks for visiting my page. To help with navigation, here is a list of popular pages all about Marching in Colour

* The History of Marching In Colour - who is the man behind the words and service, how did it all come about

* Commissioning Models for Painting - how the process works, start to finish, and what you can expect

* Gallery of Artists Work - with over 20 years experience, here is a small sample of finished commissions

* ITEMS FOR SALE - as well as painting models, I also sell pre-painted models and assorted loose models and scenery on Etsy and Ebay. Links here!

* Trade in your old models for Painting Credit * click here for details

* To see details of all current commissions booked-in and estimated completion dates - click here

SCENERY and TERRAIN - for pre-made, handcrafted items of scenery and terrain, please click here

For TUTORIALS please follow this link - click here


Thursday 3 July 2014

Fighting the good fight - one painter vs the hordes of lead!

Hey folks,

Its been a hectic few weeks but pleased to announce I have caught back up on orders. Many thanks to my current clients and those on the waiting list for your patience!

I choose to neglect this site somewhat while I was hammering on with my catch-up painting, now I am back on track I will hopefully get back into the practice of keeping this place up to date, writing new articles, sharing photos and giving my opinion in the form of reviews and guides.

So here we go,

First up - some nice 6mm. Always a favourite scale of mine, these models are Heroics and Ros




Next, a nice selection of 28mm WW2 British. Models are from Warlord Games plastic range (with a few metal mixed in). The plastic models are good solid sculpts and take the paint really well for plastics. I think this is largely due to the solid earth colours which tend to go on a little thicker than say a green or red paint.






Here we have 4 20-man regiments of Sikh Indians. Part of a very large commission I am working on (sneaking into shot on the right hand side: 28mm Perry ACW cannon!).

These models are very good sculpts, nice crisp and clean. They are somewhat 'tinny', they almost remind me of old school metal miniatures.

 
 
Close up shots,
Top - line infantry
Bottom - Command Group
 
Models are finished with dip and gloss varnish.
 

 


Finally... its not often I get time to actually paint anything for my own collection, but here we have a selection of ancient civilians to go with my Greek Collection.

Models are Foundry, and purchased at a great price from 'Colonel Bill'. If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Colonel Bill website (its easier and quicker than Ebay) for some great 2nd hand models at very reasonable prices.





No comments:

Post a Comment