Introduction



Thanks for visiting my page. To help with navigation, here is a list of popular pages all about Marching in Colour

* The History of Marching In Colour - who is the man behind the words and service, how did it all come about

* Commissioning Models for Painting - how the process works, start to finish, and what you can expect

* Gallery of Artists Work - with over 20 years experience, here is a small sample of finished commissions

* ITEMS FOR SALE - as well as painting models, I also sell pre-painted models and assorted loose models and scenery on Etsy and Ebay. Links here!

* Trade in your old models for Painting Credit * click here for details

* To see details of all current commissions booked-in and estimated completion dates - click here

SCENERY and TERRAIN - for pre-made, handcrafted items of scenery and terrain, please click here

For TUTORIALS please follow this link - click here


Wednesday 31 January 2018

February Update - Now Stocking New Lines!

Hi folks,

In this update -


1. Schedule getting back on track
2. Etsy Store now up and running
3. Now stocking Amera Plastics and Javis Scenics
4. Ebay coming soon, and closing of my Sales Pages

1. Firstly, the Schedule
The 10mm ACW and the 10mm Naps are close to finishing, as is the 28mm Prussian force. Although I am still technically behind, the outstanding commissions will now have a realistic start date, and that means a realistic completion date!


2. The Etsy Store
I have managed to get the store registered and stocked with the first lot of listings. There isn't much there at the moment (14 listings), but I'll be adding as I go along.

You can check it out here - https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MarchingInColour

If you spot anything you fancy, you can either go ahead and purchase it via the Etsy store (all safe and secure), or you can drop me an email directly to place an order. As these listings and sales all require me to purchase the items first, I may need to take a deposit for at least the cost of the miniatures.


3. The BIG news - I am now stocking Amera Plastics  - http://www.amera.co.uk/ and Javis Scenics - http://javis.co.uk/index.php

The idea is to carry a small selection of items from both, but the main focus will be on painting the scenery provided by both supplies and selling the finished product from my Etsy and Ebay stores.

A little about Amera
These guys produce some excellent quality, vacuum formed, plastic scenery. What attracted me to Amera was seeing the finished results others have submitted, coupled with the very low cost of plastic. This is especially so when looking at their larger items (a 3-tier pyramid for £8.95!). With my interests being in painting, I cannot wait to crack on and paint up some of these fantastic pieces.

A brief on Javis
I first came across Javis back in the early 2000's and for those who remember my games store at the time, Javis were my first ever supplier (even before I became a Games Workshop stockist).
I have admired the quality and range of Javis products for many a year, and over 15 years later I am happy to announce I have a new trade account and will be carrying their range again.

Expect to see some lovely painted resin and plastic scenery available for sale here, very soon (just a soon as I unpack this lot!!)

4. Ebay Store planned for February
My plan for this month is to set-up my Ebay store, and that means closing and removing all my sales pages here. As folks reading this will more than likely have been following my work for sometime, if there is anything you want reserving from any of the pages before I list them to the general masses, please let me know and I'll put them to one side for you.



In closing, I would like to thank all customers - past and present - for their support. None of this would be possible without your patronage, and I am grateful to each and every one of you.
2017 was a good, but tough year. I am hoping 2018 will continue the upward trend.

Thanks guys!

Chris




No comments:

Post a Comment